I love working with The Laughing Cow because the brand itself is one I am not only passionate about, but also enjoy often. Thanks to The Laughing Cow, I had the opportunity to be entered into a sweepstakes, was given $50.00, and product to reinvent snacking!
Using the new flavors like Pepper Jack and Asiago I came up with a unique, low carb, and insanely delectable dish you can enjoy as a snack or meal. You can use both mini portobello mushrooms as well as a large one to create this gooey and delicious snack.
Laughing Cow Bacon Wrapped Portobello- by Sara Lehman
* I decided to caramelize onions for inside the mushroom to add a buttery component which helped combat the spicy but creamy cheese, and blend well with the bacon.
4 Triangles The Laughing Cow Pepper Jack Cheese
1 Triangle The Laughing Cow Asiago Cheese
6 Bacon Strips (raw)
1 Onion (sliced thin)
Method of preparation:
1. In a sauté pan combine onions and butter and caramelize until golden brown
2. Place bacon strips onto parchment lined tray in lattice pattern.
3. Place unwrapped cheese triangles inside the center of the mushroom cap, top with onions and wrap entire stuffed cap with bacon, continuing the lattice pattern.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes (oven times may vary) or until bacon is fully cooked and crispy.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy this gooey sensation!
#ReinventSnacking with Laughing Cow Cheese!