Blue Diamond Almond Toasted Coconut Tilapia– Original recipe by Sara Lehman
“This dish is light and healthy for summer but packs the perfect coconut kick to liven up the tilapia”!
Ingredients: Yields: 3 Servings
3 Fresh Tilapia Filet (If using frozen, thaw in fridge overnight)
½ c Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds
TT Wondra Flour (For coating the fish)
TT Salt & Pepper
1TBSP Organic Coconut Oil (this keeps the coconut flavors throughout the cooking process and in the dish, if you do not have, olive oil will work just fine)
Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes”
Sautéed Garlic Brussels Sprout’s
Method of Preparation:
- Chop the Almonds very fine using a chef knife, set into one larger pile (for breading) and one smaller pile (for garnishing)
- Crack the eggs into a breading bowl and beat them until combined (like you would scrambled eggs)
- Combine Wondra Flour, Almonds, Salt, and Pepper in a breading bowl and set aside
- Take each Tilapia Filet and place into egg mixture to coat, then immediately place into the bowl of flour/ almond mixture, using the alternating hand method.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat to start, place a small amount of coconut oil into the pan
- Place the filets in the pan and cook on each side. Flip them every 3 minutes to ensure doneness and to prevent one side burning.
- Plate and sprinkle some of the garnishing almonds on the fish. Serve with your favorite sides and or the ones I chose.