White Wine Sauce
Half Stick Unsalted Butter
3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
½ White Onion Minced
½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
2C Dry White Wine
1 Bag Mixed Mussels & Clams (2LBS total)
Half Box Dream Fields Linguini
- Rinse, clean, and check the mussels and clams for any bad or widely open ones.
- Boil water for the pasta. What’s nice about Dream Fields is that it is high in fiber and low in carbs.
- In a deep, large sauté pan, sauté onions, garlic, and pepper flakes in the olive oil and butter.
- Once onions are transparent, pour in wine and bring to simmer.
- Let simmer for 8 minutes making sure all the flavors stew together.
- Pour in the mussels and clams and cover. (I prefer to use a clear cover because I love to watch the mussels and clams open up).
- Let cook on medium heat until all mussels and clams open up and the aromas really get your attention, and they’re cooked of course!
- Drain pasta once al dente and pour the mussels and clams over the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
My easiest way to know the mussels and clams are done is when they look plump, full, and no longer look slimy. They will be fully open once done, and any that do not open… do not eat!
This is really an easy dish that took me approximately from start to finish about 35 minutes. Mussels and Clams are very easy and are great over pasta, alone, or over risotto! Give this great dish a try.