Halloween is here and after a long day of costume changes, makeup fixes, and trick or treating, some fun home activities are always needed with the little ones. After all that candy sorting comes a sugar rush, so how do we slow the kids down with out diminishing the halloween fun? Make Pumpkin Cupcakes with Go Veggie Cream Cheese Frosting! Pumpkin anything goes so well with cream cheese, so this recipe will surely please anyone of any age.
For those of you who know me, I have a twin sister and we are so opposite it is scary sometimes. I can have all the dairy I desire and well, she’s lactose intolerant. I partnered with Go Veggie, a lactose free cheese made with natural ingredients. I first tried their line of shredded cheeses, which went over very well in egg dishes and quesadillas. Next I tried the cream cheese, which whipped up very well with some sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Ps. Parents… these cupcakes pair very well with some American Born Moonshine: Apple Pie Flavor, some Bourbon, Cognac, and or Moscato!
Pumpkin Cupcakes & Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting: by Sara Lehman
*For the kids, boxed cake mix is always easier so this recipe is with boxed mix and a few additions!
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Can Pumpkin
1 Container Go Veggie Original Cream Cheese
1/4 c Granulated Sugar
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1. Follow boxed cake instructions depending on oven.
2. Once cake mix is well whisked, fold in half the can of pumpkin with a rubber spatula. Make sure to fold well, so there are no pumpkin chunks. Taste and see if pumpkin flavor is desirable, if not add more.
3. While the cupcakes are baking, use your standing mixer (hand ones work too) and beat the cream cheese until softened.
4. Add cinnamon and sugar and beat until fluffy consistency.
5. Take a piping bag (or plastic sandwich bag if you don’t have any) and using a small paint brush or a side of a spoon, “stripe” (paint lines) the Wilton’s gel inside the bag in a few places. It doesn’t have to look perfect! After, fill the bag with the cream cheese frosting and place in fridge until cupcakes are cool.
5. Once the cupcakes are done, place on a cooling rack and let cool.
6. Take your piping bag, cut the end off, and start icing those pumpkin cupcakes!