Lately I have playing around with Sunny’s Korean Gourmet products and have found many uses for the delicious Teriyaki Sauce. I was craving a dish that was both sweet and salty, so I went to the store and bought organic chicken thighs and pineapple. Using Sunny’s Korean Teriyaki sauce, I marinated the thighs for a bit with some garlic, cayenne, and pineapple chunks.
What I enjoy most about Sunny’s sauce is that it’s not like other teriyaki sauces I have had in the past. It tastes great, it’s light, and packed with a ton of flavor. I decided to slow cook this recipe because NYC is a fast paced environment, and sometimes, I like to go to work all day and come home to a delicious smelling apartment and an even better already made meal!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Thighs: by Sara Lehman
4-6 Organic Chicken Thighs
1 Can Pineapple Chunks
1C Sunny’s Korean Teriyaki Sauce (1/2 cup set aside for slow cooker)
2 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
TT Cayenne Powder
TT Salt and Pepper
- Chop garlic and place in marinating bowl. Pour 1/2c of Sunny’s sauce into the marinating bowl, and place chicken thighs in after. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper, and toss all together.
- Add in 1/4 of the pineapple chunks to the marinating meat along with some of the pineapple juice.
- Marinate 1 hour in the fridge.
- Place slow cooker on low, and put marinated meat into the cooker. Be sure to include the sauce, garlic, and pineapple you marinated the meat with too.
- Take the other 1/2c of teriyaki sauce, and pour into slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours until the meat is tender and falls off the bone.
- Top with pineapple chunks and serve with white rice or steamed veggies.
* If you want to make your sauce thicker, take some of the juice from the slow cooker, and reduce in a sauce pot until thicker.
*Pair this dish with a crisp sauvignon blanc or albariño!
Have you tried Sunny’s Gourmet Products? If not, the teriyaki is a must and you can easily find it on the site as well as on Amazon. Always remember, eat what you like and drink what you love… please pair responsibly!