Halloween is approaching and if you are looking for something gooey and fun to do with the kids, lay out at a party, or just enjoy for yourself, then you will want to make these fun Halloween S’mores. Using Wilton’s Color Gels (orange of course) your s’mores can be the conversation piece of the night.
Gooey and melty marshmallow over a few squares of Hershey’s Chocolate topped with some graham crackers makes for one seasonal sensation. S’mores are perfect any time of year, but something about fall just makes you want to curl up with some of these delicious treats. Of course if you don’t have access to a fire pit or campfire (like many of us New Yorkers) you have to improvise.
Here’s how you make it, plain and simple!
1. Using the oven at 400 degrees or you can broil on high if your in a time crunch or impatient like myself. If you do decide to broil however, make sure to watch them because they cook fast!
2. Simply take a small paint brush or tooth pick and draw lines on the marshmallow. You only need a small amount of orange for this, as this wilton’s gel is awesome and spreads throughout the marshmallow.
3. On a baking sheet with foil place the graham crackers flat with two squares of hershey’s chocolate on one side. Lay the orange marshmallow on top, and place carefully in the oven.
4. Once the marshmallow grows bigger and starts to melt, take the tray out and quickly but carefully (it will be hot) sandwich the two sides together. This will make the orange run through the marshmallow and melt the chocolate to perfection.
5. Enjoy with a glass of red wine or these spooky cocktails!
Haunted Voyage* – by Owls Brew
2 oz. Owl’s Brew The Classic
.5 oz. Grapefruit Juice
Directions: Shake and pour over ice into a rocks glass
Garnish: Black sugar rim
Plundering Pumpkin- Provided by Captain Morgan
6 oz. Pumpkin beer
Directions: Drop shot of Captain Morgan® Original Spiced Rum in a glass of pumpkin beer and enjoy.
The Reaping– by Owls Brew
1 oz. Captain Morgan® Original Spiced Rum
2 oz. Owl’s Brew Coco-Lada
.5 oz. Splash of ginger beer
Directions: Swirl and serve over ice in collins glass
Garnish: Fresh ginger