Whether money is tight or you’re a “craft-o-holic”, there is nothing wrong with a DIY gift. This Christmas and holiday season, why not make something wine-spired for your friends and loved ones. Here are some great ways to use wine in your gifts this season.
Damn That’s Good!
The Dammit Dolls are a hot gift this year and make the perfect present for anyone who needs to yell “DAMMIT” and smack things around once in a while. Simply grab them by the legs and smack a hard surface and relieve your stress or anger. I decided to attach them with ribbon to a bottle of Chocolate Shop Wine, which is one of my favorite dessert wines during the cold winter months. Dammit Doll and Chocolate Wine… what could be a better gift?
Spa Bound Beauty
Give the gift of pamper this holiday season with wine-spired spa products. Yes you can certainly buy some, but why not make your own? Using red wine in these products can not only help prevent or tighten wrinkles, but the scrub can also help with cellulite. A little wine in your daily routine never hurt anybody right?
2C Sea Salt
4TBSP Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
1TSP Grape Seed Oil (if you can find)
3oz Red Wine
- Simply stir together, but note mixture will be pasty and liquid at the same time, similar to those Dead Sea salt scrubs we buy for $100+ dollars in the malls.
- Use 1x week or 1x 2 weeks depending on skins tolerance.
- Also remember, use wine that won’t break your bank. Yes the idea of scrubbing yourself with a bottle of gorgeous Bordeaux or Chianti sounds delightful, but we’d rather drink it right?
1c Greek Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
2TBSP Coconut Oil
4oz Red Wine
If choosing to make it exfoliate, add ¼ cup granulated sugar or brown sugar.
- Simply mix all ingredients together and apply to your face. If you do have sensitive skin please consult your physician or test on your forearm first before applying to face, as everyone is different.
- I have half oily half dry skin, and mine is fine with no reaction, but I also did the forearm test for 10 minutes before trying this recipe and facial.
- Leave on face for 10 minutes, and then wash off with warm water.
- Apply facial lotion shortly after.