Inspired by a recipe from Germany. This veal is topped with onions, bacon, and includes a side of roasted bacon butter potatoes!
Yields 2-3 servings
2-3 Veal Cutlets
1C Wondra Flour
1/2C 1% Milk (I like 1%, but can substitute for eggs)
1C Breadcrumbs (Seasoned, or you can season them yourself)
2 Slices of Thick cut Bacon (rough chop)
1/2 Sliced White Onion
3 Large Potatoes (I used purple potatoes for a pop of color)
2 Slices Thick Cut Bacon (chopped into small pieces)
1/2 Diced Onion
3 Cloves Minced Garlic
4 TBSP Olive Oil
TT Salt & Pepper
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Bread the veal with Wondra Flour first, then dip into milk.
3. Bread veal with seasoned breadcrumbs.
4. Set veal aside
5. Rough chop potatoes, onions, and bacon.
6. Place potatoes, onions, and bacon in roasting pan and drizzle olive oil over the top. Toss around with hands so all are fully coated.
7. Place into oven for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are fully roasted (crispy outside, soft inside)
8. With 20 Minutes left on the potatoes, I started to caramelize the onions and bacon. Once transparent, throw meat onto a skillet with some butter and cook until golden brown.
9. Serve & Enjoy!