Ambrose Hall, on Fulton Street is a fun fall destination after a nice hot summer. Warm up with some of their lovely beers and Oktoberfest festivities.
Ambrose Hall’s Oktoberfest Special features a beer flight sampler, with three 7-ounce glasses filled with your seasonal beer of choice plus a Giant Soft Pretzel for only $9. Also, starting October 1st, through the end of the month, and every day after, they have happy hour from 4-7PM.
Ambrose Hall will host a traditional Stein Hoisting Competition, which the contestants must hold out their filled stein straight and parallel to the ground with their dominant hand. If the contestant bends their arm or spills any beer from their stein they are immediately disqualified from the competition. The winner each day will receive a 2014 Sam Adams Commemorative Stein, and receive automatic entry into the final Stein Hoisting Showdown on October 31st for a coveted grand prize.
Beer offerings include:
· Sam Adams Octoberfest – This beer has a rich, deep golden amber hue masterfully blending together five roasts of barley to create a delicious harmony of sweet flavors including caramel and toffee. Elegantly balanced with bitterness imparts by German noble hops. ABV: 5.4%
· Peak Hop Harvest Octoberfest – Fall is hop harvest time, when hops are most ripe and pungent. In this unique spin on classic style, rich malt dances with remarkable, aromatic hops. ABV: 5.7%
· Shine Oktoberfest – This classic Oktoberfest brew is made with the highest quality two-row barely, Munich and caramel malts along with German-grown Hallertau Tradition and Herbrucker hops. ABV: 5.7%
· Coney Island Freaktoberfest – Brewed with espresso beans, this beer is a hauntingly complex, deep amber, pumpkin and espresso ale. Caramel aromas intermingle with hints of allspice and cinnamon. A roasted, rich body is highlighted by Greenpoint’s own Café Grumpy’s specially selected espresso beans, and is finished with sweet pumpkin. ABV: 6.2%
· House of Shandy Jack-O Traveler – Representing the darker side of Shandy, Jack-O Traveler is an alluring beer illuminated by the tastes of fall. Striking the perfect balance between bright refreshment and seasonal spice. Brewed with fresh pumpkin for a delicious, dark hued, Shandy inspired beer. APV: 4.4%
· Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale – This amber-colored flavored ale is brewed only in the autumn and combine the favor of vine-ripened pumpkin pie flavor with traditional crystal malt. ABV: 5.7%