Being a tastemaker and recipe developer is probably one of my favorite things to do (besides drinking wine of course). Figuring out way to use Blue Diamond Almonds in other dishes besides the usual trail mix and yogurt parfaits is a fun and delectable challenge.
Blue Diamond Endive and Scallop Salad- Sweet, Savory, and Crunchy, “this dish is del-lish” for a filling summer salad!
Ingredients: Yield: 1 Salad
1 whole Endive
3-4 Sea Scallops
1.5oz Blue Diamond Rosemary & Black Pepper Almonds
TT Parmesan Cheese
¼ c DivJna Lambrusco
½oz Honey (organic preferred)
Squeeze of fresh lime
TT salt and pepper
Method of Preparation:
- Peel the endive leaves off one by one, drizzle with a small amount of olive oil
- Salt and pepper the scallops
- Chop the almonds and set aside
- On a grill pan, lay out the endive leaves
- In a separate sauté pan, sauté the scallops 3-5 minutes on each side.
- In a bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk vigorously. Dressing will be slightly thin, but full of flavor when added to the salad.
- Lay the endives on the plate, top with scallops in the center, drizzle on some of the dressing, sprinkle the nuts and cheese, and taste!
- If you find you need more dressing, use the rest. I find I also love it for dipping the scallops in for a sweet, buttery, and savory affect.
* Thank you Blue Diamond Almonds for providing this delicious flavor for this creative summer salad!